1. Initially, you should contact the relevant Branch Manager or Department Manager, as they are expected to attempt to resolve your grievances with you directly. In the event that the complaint is about the Branch Manager or Department Manager, or you do not wish to speak to them, your complaint should initially be referred to the relevant Area Manager or the Managing Director if and where applicable.
2. All complaints will be acknowledged in writing within 3 working days, and a copy of this Complaints Procedure will be provided.
3. If the complaint was written, then a formal written response will be provided within 15 working days. Verbal complaints are generally responded to verbally, if straightforward, however a formal written response will be provided for complex or multiple issues.
4. If your complaint remains unresolved at the branch and/or area level it should be escalated in writing to the Customer Relations Department at the following address and titled Escalated complaint.
Oatley & O’Connor
27, Castle Street
Email [email protected]
The Customer Relations Department will conduct an investigation of your complaint involving research of the file, conducting interviews with the relevant members of staff and further liaising with you if necessary. The findings of this investigation will then be communicated to you within 15 working days.
5. If you are not satisfied with the response, you are invited to continue to communicate with the Customer Relations Department until the matter is resolved. If it becomes evident that an agreement cannot be reached, then the Customer Relations Department will issue a ‘final viewpoint’ letter.
6. Once a ‘final viewpoint’ letter has been issued, you are at liberty to refer the matter to The Property Redress Scheme within 6 months of the date of our ‘final viewpoint’ letter. Their address is as follows:
The Property Redress Scheme
03333219418 (9.00am – 5:30pm mon-Fri)